26007|15682|29.2909099792578|-94.8153057581246|The Children's Center, Inc.
Transitional Living Program|4415 Avenue M|Galveston|TX|77550|(409) 770-9500 Main|Provides a program designed to assist young adults between the ages of 18-22 in need of assistance transitioning to adult independent living. Offers cognitive, as well as practical life skill training in areas necessary for transition. Voluntarily entered into, this program will assist clients in making necessary paradigm shifts in their culture or behavior to facilitate lifestyle changes essential to a more positive and productive lifestyle. Assists with housing, transportation, job application/resume development, GED acquisition, practical life skills, financial planning and budgeting, and counseling.|Call for information|Ages 18 - 22; Must be referred by foster care, guardian, social service agency, or immigration attorney and determined eligible to remain in the U.S.; Must have no violent or deviant sexual charges or convictions],[26814|16130|29.7776068180894|-95.3448136512369|A Caring Safe Place, Inc.|1804 Carr Street|Houston|TX|77026|(713) 225-5441 Main
(713) 225-0933 Alternate - (Case Manager)|Transitional living facility for homeless, indigent, HIV+ males with drug addictions. Provides on-site case management services, information and referral, client advocacy, and drug treatment access.|Appointments and referrals|Call for information],[87362|49842|29.65170|-95.47987|Asset Building Network, Inc|12211 Fondren Road, Unit 1009|Houston|TX|77035|(713) 271-7215 Fax - Fax in referrals for homeless
(713) 776-3925 Main - Provide Supportive Housing with Case Management|We provide furnished apartment units and supportive services to persons with Mental Health issues needing a sober living environment. We work with local hospitals,treatment facilities and correctional places to place people. We also offer employment training and placement.|Please call 713-776-3925 for pre-screening. You can also fax your referral to 713-271-7215.|No sex offenders accepted into our program.],[87363|46916|29.65170|-95.47987|Asset Building Network, Inc
House Of Hope For Men|Confidential Address|Houston|TX|77035|(713) 776-3925 Main
(713) 271-7215 Fax|Supportive & Transitional housing for homeless persons e.g veterans|Call for application; Referral is taken over the phone or call for application. Can pick-up clients from the hospitals, or locations within the city|Males; Disabled Veterans; Homeless],[26096|15776|29.6376118147114|-95.4346011204168|Brentwood Community Foundation|13033 1/2 Landmark Street|Houston|TX|77045|(713) 852-2550 Main
(713) 852-2551 Intake - Project WAITT Office|Provides supportive services to people living with HIV/AIDS. Services include: rental, mortgage, and utilities assistance, food voucher program, support groups, transitional housing for men, and other supportive services.|Call for information|HIV+],[22719|13427|29.75942|-95.36147|Brigid's Hope|1212 Prairie St|Houston|TX|77002|(713) 590-3318 Main|Provides a transitional living program with a support system.|Letter requesting admission|Women; Incarcerated and released or on parole or from a halfway house; No severe emotional, physical, or mental disabilities; Must have been in recovery for a significant period of time],[104213|49711|29.75998|-95.34466|Catholic Charities Of The Archdiocese Of Galveston-Houston
Villa Guadalupe Transitional Living Center|Confidential Address|Houston|TX|77003|(866) 649-5862 Intake
(713) 225-1242 Fax|Provides transitional housing that includes group and individual counseling. Must be homeless as defined by HUD. Accepts single women and women with up to three (3) children ages six (6) and under.|Call for intake 1-866-649-5862|Homeless women minimum age 18 with two or less children maximum age 5; Must be willing and able to work],[23730|14347|29.7433938550538|-95.3927448521171|Covenant House Texas
Rights Of Passage Living|1111-B Lovett Boulevard|Houston|TX|77006|(713) 523-2231 Main - Apartment Living
(713) 523-6904 Fax|Provides long-term transitional living. Youth are provided with shelter, extended education, and vocational training opportunities up to 18 months.|Call for appointment|Ages 18 - 21],[25415|15401|29.76247|-95.41082|Depelchin Childrens Center|4950 Memorial Drive|Houston|TX|77007|(713) 730-2335 Main - Intake
(713) 802-3801 Fax|Provides housing and assistance. Participants follow a plan with educational, financial, and career goals to maintain self sufficiency after leaving the program. Participants also learn housekeeping and household finance skills.|Call for application; Call for information|Females ages 18 - 22 who have aged out of foster care],[23660|14285|29.71984|-95.430807|Magnificat Houses, Inc.
Morning Star Hostel|Confidential Address|Houston|TX|77265|(713) 520-0461 Main|Provides supervised living and personal care for resident adults living with HIV/AIDS.|Call for information; Call for appointment; Walk-ins accepted|Minimum age 21 with HIV/AIDS],[23900|14433|30.0090630953243|-95.4439926956337|Northwest Assistance Ministries|15555 Kuykendahl Road|Houston|TX|77090|(281) 885-4555 Main
(281) 583-5621 Fax|Provides housing and services for families to become self-sufficient.|Call 281-885-4531 for an application; Interviews will be scheduled to determine eligibility|Homeless per HUD's definition; Families with at least one adult and one child under the age of 18; Adult must be willing and able to work or have a disability],[22807|13445|29.7006247243621|-95.3769896121646|Star Of Hope Mission, Inc.
Randy & Kathy Tabot Transitional Living Center For Women & Families|6801 Ardmore Street|Houston|TX|77054|(713) 748-7242 Main
(713) 748-0891 Fax|Provides a year-long, transitional living program for homeless families, women with children, men with children, and single women that helps prepare and train them to become independent and re-enter mainstream society. The program emphasizes education (including parenting skills), substance abuse recovery, employment, spiritual programs, and life-management skills development. Case managers work with clients on long and short-range goal setting.|Requires letter of referral; Application and appointment required|Minimum age 18; Homeless; Drug free; Families, women with children, men with children and single women],[22806|13444|29.754078955727|-95.3493678431439|Star Of Hope Mission, Inc.
Women & Family Emergency Shelter|419 Dowling Street|Houston|TX|77003|(713) 222-2220 Main - Ask about space availability
(713) 222-1046 Fax|Provides a 295-bed shelter and meals for single women and families. Motivational classes and area referrals are available to shelter residents for employment, social services, spiritual programs, alcohol and drug counseling, mental health counseling, and medical assistance services to aid their recovery from homelessness. Maximum stay is 30 days unless extension is granted.|Walk-ins accepted; Call for space availability|Must be mobile and able to care for self; Married couples with children, women with children, men with children, and single women],[22434|13199|29.7370277622886|-95.3844335057834|The Montrose Center|401 Branard Street, 2nd Floor|Houston|TX|77006|(713) 529-0037 Main
(713) 529-3211 Alternate - Gay & Lesbian Switchboard|Provides counseling and case management to lesbian, gay, bisexual, survivors of same sex domestic violence, sexual assault or hate crimes. Also provides emergency shelter for up to 14 days and transitional living to victims of domestic violence.|Call for information|Minimum age 13; Parental consent for youth ages 13 - 17; shelter is for individuals 18 and older],[22584|13337|29.742340778736|-95.3688335564766|The Salvation Army - Greater Houston Area Command
Family Residence|1603 McGowen|Houston|TX|77004|(713) 650-6530 Main
(713) 650-0901 Fax|Provides comprehensive total care for women and families needing temporary emergency shelter or transitional living.|Call for application and interview|Legally married couple with children, women with children, single women; Must be physically and mentally stable, alcohol and drug free, capable of self care],[22586|13342|29.7816899853474|-95.3643984121976|The Salvation Army - Greater Houston Area Command
Harbor Light & Red Shield Lodge|2407 North Main|Houston|TX|77009|(713) 224-2875 Main
(713) 224-1140 Fax|Offers access to immediate and long term shelter, with a spiritual approach to recovery and self sufficiency.|Walk-ins accepted; Call for application|Minimum age 18],[22588|13339|29.758627300001|-95.3545178815793|The Salvation Army - Greater Houston Area Command
Sally's House|1717 Congress Avenue|Houston|TX|77002|(713) 223-8889 Main
(713) 223-9998 Fax|Provides residential alcohol and drug recovery program designed to help substance abusers while building a socially acceptable character and life style. Program curriculum includes group and individual classes, work therapy, recreation, health care and counseling.|Intake screening Monday thru Friday 9:00am until 2:00pm
|Call for information],[23274|13914|29.7444210171053|-95.3888976217609|The Women's Home|607 Westheimer|Houston|TX|77006|(713) 521-3150 Main
(713) 521-3191 Fax|The Women's Home is a transitional living program that offers therapy, job training, spiritual development and residential services. The aim is to restore women to self-sufficiency. Target population is women homeless due to addictions and/or mentally ill and need a rehabilitation program to return to work and live independently.|Appointment required from Admissions Director; Call for appointment and screening interview|Females; Ages 22 - 60; Have 90 days sobriety and free from self harm; willing an able to return to work and stable on any psychiatric medication.],[23429|14023|29.7994473389616|-95.4807833376321|Turning Point Center|1701 Jacquelyn|Houston|TX|77055|(713) 957-0099 Main
(713) 957-1920 Fax|Room and board is provided for those individuals who want to become self-supporting. Residents must adhere to the rules and regulations of Turning Point Center as described in the application. No alcohol or drugs are allowed and priority is given to individuals ages 50 years or older. Three hot meals a day are provided to residents.|Walk-ins accepted; Appointment required with counselor; Call for application|Adults only, preference given to individuals 50 years or older],[24612|14900|29.632758|-95.42406|Wellsprings Village, Inc.|Confidential Address|Houston|TX|77045|(713) 529-6559 Main
(713) 520-0532 Fax|Provides transitional residency to homeless and abused women, women in recovery, and women who are exiting prison without children in their care.|Call for telephone questionnaire.|Females; Must be employable; No children in immediate care; Low-income],[23316|13929|29.717815788256|-95.2738416526829|Young Men's Christian Association Of Greater Houston (Ymca)
Cossaboom Ymca Branch|7903 South Loop East|Houston|TX|77012|(713) 643-4396 Main
(713) 643-9038 Fax|Provides housing facilities for men. Supportive services for those who qualify.|Walk-ins accepted|Males; Minimum age 18],[23281|13929|29.83355|-95.47386|Young Men's Christian Association Of Greater Houston (Ymca)|2600 North Loop West, Suite 330|Houston|TX|77092|(713) 758-9100 Main
(713) 659-4314 Fax|Provides housing facilities for men. Supportive services for those who qualify.|Walk-ins accepted|Males; Minimum age 18],[23269|13912|29.6513580832123|-95.2007667995555|The Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc.
Destiny Village|701 Fairmont Parkway|Pasadena|TX|77504|(713) 944-1757 Main
(713) 473-2801 24 Hours - Hotline|A housing program for women and their children who have been victims of family violence. Provides support services that include casework, therapeutic counseling, employment assistance, subsidized rent and childcare, early childhood development, food pantry, resale shop and community referrals. The purpose of this program is to assist women in the process of developing greater self determination and permanent housing.|Must complete application and interview for the program; Must meet two of three criteria: employment, transportation, GED|Female; Ages 18 years and older; Victims of family violence and sexual assault and their children; Referred from area shelters],[22206|12916|30.1774859076922|-95.5060862267007|Interfaith Of The Woodlands|4242 Interfaith Way|The Woodlands|TX|77381|(281) 367-1230 Main
(281) 292-3223 Fax|Services include: Food pantry, rent/mortgage/utilities assistance, clothing assistance through the "Hand Me Up Shop" resale shop, prescription assistance, gasoline vouchers, short-term transitional housing and school supply assistance.|Appointment required|People residing in zip codes 77380-77386, 77379 and 77375 in the Village of Creekside Park, and 77374 in the Village of Sterling Ridge and experiencing documented financial crisis